Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mom and Dad visit J-ville!

This is the first year since Alex and I have been married that I have no plans to visit Ohio to see my family there. Luckily, Mom and Dad cannot go a whole year without seeing me, so they came down to visit this past weekend from Ohio. I'm so glad they came, and we had a great visit. We hit the beach on Saturday where Alex tried to teach Dad how to fish using cast nets.


Lack of fish in the area kept them from cast-netting for too long. Mom and Dad enjoyed the relief of the cool ocean water since it was in the 90s with over 90% humidity that day. Here is a picture of Mom and Dad. Try to avoid looking directly at Dad's glare-ificially white legs!

Mom and Dad got to try gator later that night at a St. Augustine restaurant called Aunt Kate's. Not sure Mom loved it, but it was actually pretty good as far as fried gator goes here in Florida. Sunday Mom and I schooled Dad and Alex in spades, and Monday, Alex and I introduced them to "chicken foot" dominoes. We also took a trip to old town St. Augustine on Monday, after which Dad wanted to go shopping (!) so we hit up the outlets there. I was sad to see them go on Tuesday morning, but I'm so glad they came down. Love you both!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: